Saturday, May 24, 2014

Farewell

Hey, guys.

I know it's been a really, really long time since I've posted and for the few who still visit my blog, I just wanted to kind of give an explanation as to why I haven't been around.

Jigg and I have officially quit the game. We did a while ago but bowed out quietly, so many didn't really realize that we just aren't really around. We didn't PvP much and didn't really make a big name for ourselves, so I'm sure not too many have missed us. To the few that may miss me, I'm sorry to have left so abruptly. I just basically threw my hands in the air and said, "Screw this, I'm done."

I guess you could say it would inevitably always lead up to that point, though frankly, I'm kind of happy that it happened sooner rather than later. The big event that led to this was the event with Golden Boots. Now, I didn't enter, as I knew other people could benefit more than me and it would be really shitty to get them and turn around and resell them. But my friend Buns did and the whole way it was run just showed me how little management cares about this game.

I don't blame whoever won, I'm actually happy that they did, so don't think that I am crying "Boohoo, my friend didn't win so I'm gonna take my toys and leave". Far from it. I am just sick of playing a game with a sarcastic and sometimes extremely rude GM who has shown just how little he cares about the majority of the community.

If the game was better run or even turned over to an entirely new company, I think I would come back. Maybe. But as is, with hacked gears, favoritism, and too many bugs to count, I don't want to drain any more money into a game that gives me nothing in return. It is frustrating and what is the point of playing a game that isn't even enjoyable?

I will miss a lot of you and I am sad that I didn't get to be friends with many of you. I did love many in the community and felt blessed to meet some pretty amazing and wonderful people in the short 9 months that I did play. My archer will always be beloved it to me and it was a ton of fun to be one of the first on the server to show off how awesome Knowledge Archer can be as a support role. I regret that I never did get to try it out with my Blue Velvet but maybe someday, if the game ever becomes popular once more and sits under better management.

I have started playing WoW with Jigg, since a bunch of his coworkers play, and it is pretty enjoyable. So if you want to find me, just PM Faethful on Spinebreaker (Hoard). I'm the Druid who loves to AOE! If you don't play, you can always leave a comment on here or if you have a Tumblr, inbox me here. If I don't see you anymore, then let it be known that I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do, in game or real life, and I hope you have a fantastic life.

As always, good luck and happy hunting.

5 comments:

  1. Sad to see you and Puffy go, even though you havent been online I thought you'd come back sooner or later. I wish you good luck on your future endeavours.
    - Prii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were sad to leave but felt it was for the best. Like I said, if Redstone gets handed off to a better company and sees more recognition for the fun game it is, I may return. I wish you good luck and a wonderful life as well ^_^

      Delete
  2. Hey please reply my message Jigg/Black :D
    by Gawain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gawain ^_^ if you are talking about the Tumblr message on Anon, I didn't reply simply because I didn't know who it was and wasn't sure if the person would receive it. Also, it is my personal Tumblr, not one shared between Jigg and I, but he says hello! Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  3. Hows Sail gonna make uber fams when he's on a completely different game? Jk, i got your reasoning. I'm pretty much in the same boat. Waiting for RS to go to another company entirely or make multiple massive changes.

    I wish you 2 luck and tell Sail i said hey. I might look into wow sometime.

    ~Klien

    ReplyDelete