Wednesday, May 29, 2013

10 Days

Good afternoon, Redstone.

Wow, it's been a really long time since I last posted. Ten days, just as the title says, to be precise. Ten long days filled with two different power hour events, both lasting three days each, and so much drama, you could swear that half of Prandel was Broadway for a while. Seriously, though, I am just gonna tell you that I have been just straight up bummed out, due to both my real life and in game events. This has greatly affected both my virtual and real life, making it hard to do things in either.

You will be happy to know that I almost reached 600, even though I didn't play too much. This was due to three-day 2X experience and three-day 3X experience PH events. Also, at least five bells were rang this past Memorial Day weekend, though I only attended three of them due to sleep. So after the madness of all of that, I reached this level.


I would have leveled more but due to berries and whatnot, Jigg was a couple levels behind me and we wanted to do one last Vestiges SD run before I outlevel it.

Considering I'm almost rebirth level and I've only been playing 50 days (even less than that since I haven't been playing as much, but that is how many days since I started), I think that is pretty impressive. I'm sure you have people who, through insane grinding or constant plvl, can reach it even faster, but who cares? This is my accomplishment and let me be proud of it.



Speaking of people, I've been getting some hate from people. I'm not going to say who because that would just be me stooping to their level and who knows, maybe they were having a bad day. No need to condemn a person for a few stupid words they typed when they were angry. 

Anyways, I think that is one of the reasons I have become disheartened. There's only so much abuse and hate a person can take before it starts to affect them. Please don't say "Suck it up, it's a game!" or "That's what happens when you play online" because, to be frank, those are shit excuses. 

Just because you sit behind a computer monitor, safely hidden behind a pseudonym and a cartoon character does not give you the excuse to hurt anyone in anyway. Calling them "fags" or "idiots" or throwing poorly spelled curse words their way to get around the system put in place to stop this horrendous bullying does not make you appear strong or make you better than them.

So can we please stop with all this hate speech against fellow members of the community? Quit equating people's names with insults and don't be so rash to threaten to report someone the second you see them in your spot. Stop sitting in town bashing other players or GMs or typing hurtful comments about others in your own GC where they can't see and defend themselves. You can't tell me you would like it if you found out that there was a group of people saying hateful things about you in town and laughing at your expense. So stop doing that exact same thing. 

Golden rule, people. Let's follow it.


Speaking of GC, I also have a bone to pick with that as well. You may not know it, but talking down to a person is very similar to vile hate speak. I know it can be well-intentioned but when I get the comment, "Oh, you've only been here a couple months, you don't know anything" over and over again, it makes me doubt myself. 

Basically how I feel after saying something awesome and getting shut down.

You have to realize, though, the amount that a person can learn when playing a game for hours upon hours a day, every day, for a couple months straight. Even if they are not meaning to learn, you'd be surprised what a person can glean just from sitting in town and from their very own guild chat. 

Yet, I have the upper-hand on someone who merely plays to enjoy and grow their own character. First off, I have my husband, Jigg, who has played for years. He's basically my walking encyclopedia of Redstone knowledge and is very helpful in a pinch. 

Of course, though, he doesn't know everything, and I love to learn for myself. This why I visit other people's blogs, learning from their experiences and their mistakes. I read the forums, old posts and new alike, to try and understand this game, and consequently, its community better.

Anyways, I'm done with the rant, and might just have to move this rant to a whole new post. I mean, it's sad when a person feels really accomplished and like they have come a long way only to have someone with "more experience" come along and tell them they are wrong merely because they haven't been playing for over a year or more.

Ok, rant over, on to my last piece of news, which isn't great. I'm no longer a knowledge Archer. Maybe it's just me, but I feel there is a huge bias against magic classes in this game. Again, this is my opinion and I welcome you to post yours, but if you are just going to post how "wrong" I am, don't expect me to reply. 

I guess another reason I changed was simply because I don't have the gear or stat points to be a knowledge Archer. Maybe in a few rebirths, maybe not at all. You see, some people can spend thousands on this game a year on extractors and mix boxes and who knows what else so that they can have super pro gears. 

Unfortunately for Jigg and I, we have real life responsibilities, including a puppy and I want to start college and all sorts of black-holes that money just kinda disappears into. Plus Hawaii, even being military and living on base, is not cheap living. So, as you can see, unlike all those other pro-players, I just don't have the funds to keep up. 



I did meet another knowledge Archer, who joined our guild to boot, (hi, Saki!) and they were amazing. Can't say I wasn't a little (ok, a lot) jealous when I can see them hit 10k's on the Red Wolves in Motel 2F without help from a Priest's EG or a great dragon horn. Hell, they killed so fast, they basically took over Motel 2F and I just watched in awe as they murdered everything.

Maybe, and that is a big maybe, I'll switch back to knowledge Archer, though we now have a pro knowledge Archer in the guild that I'm not sure they'll even need me. Plus, we just acquired a 2nd RB Archer, so kinda lost my top Archer spot in the guild pretty quickly this last weekend, though I don't mind at all. They are awesome from what I've seen, plus I've only been playing a couple months. 

Maybe I'll get it back but by the looks of it, Saki grinds just as crazy as Klien, and 2nd RB is already a long way to go. I will get there eventually, though, and our guild will have three very strong archers by the time I reach my second or third rebirth.


Speaking of rebirthing, a big congratulations to my guild master, Palidor, who rebirthed his 3rd time. He did rebirth accidentally low, but is already back up to nearly 550 in just a week and a half. So congratulations! 


With that, my post is done. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the rest of your week is full of fun and fortune. Good luck and happy hunting.


2 comments:

  1. If someones bothering you have them pm me.

    Saki and check haven't replaced you either. your crazy to think that. Everyone in guild has something to contribute so don't feel like the odd man out bc.

    nice to see ya posting again.

    ~Klien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Saki is here!!
    My English is not good as normal players, but I want to say that I'll be really glad when you go back knowledge archer. My mainly server(Japan) is knowledge archer is very popular char, but this server is not. I heard that knowledge archer is very minor char. Come Back your real style^^b

    ReplyDelete