Tuesday, April 23, 2013

All Work and No Play Makes BlackCanary Very Tired

Merry Tuesday, my few blog readers.


Right now it is pretty early in the morning for me, though for some of you it is already almost done. Time-zones are interesting, aren't they? Considering I've seen a lot of my audience hails from Europe, I hope all of you had wonderful days, even if mine is barely beginning.

I was very concerned about getting level 327, even though all day I've been feeling quite ill. Sometimes this game feels like more work than it is play, especially when you are feeling gross and your lungs feel like popped balloons. But I'm one of those people who when they set a goal, feels like they really, really need to accomplish it. 

Especially when there are like 5 of you actually reading this and seeing my progress and (maybe, hopefully) expecting great things out of me.

So I stayed up until about 2AM here, grinding for a couple hours after basically ignoring the game all day. The event really wore me out mentally, and I kinda went into a veggie mode, watching cartoons and making yummy food. 

Eventually, though, that stupid little voice in the back of my head guilted me into playing until I got those two levels. I can't very well be a vice and be beneficial to the guild as a whole if I'm not constantly making progress to better myself. So here is my two levels I promised you.



Speaking of being a vice, still trying to find my footing in that role. There are so many other people in the guild with far more experience and time put into Redstone and sometimes I just feel so small.  I do try to help those I can, browsing the forums to find them answers if need be. I direct them to Klien's amazing blog with its dozens of helpful links. I even try to give advice, mostly the "Be happy, and happiness will return to you"  kind. 

But sometimes, especially when it comes to this last one, I seem to make quite a few people dislike me, and when this happens I kind of just shrink away.



I sometimes feel like I'm walking on eggshells, where people may see my help as a flaunt. You know, like "Look I've been here two whole weeks and I'm already a vice!"

Trust me though, it is anything but. I've always been the kind to want to help and I guess that has filtered into this game. I'll browse the forums for ten, twenty minutes at a time trying to find an answer for someone. I always try to be positive, to be kind of a little ball of sunshine in the guild, because positivity breeds positivity. I may complain every once and awhile but I try to play it off as a joke, because then at least you can laugh at the situation, and laughing is always better than griping. 

I do understand that not everyone can be so positive and I'm not trying to say that I'm better than them. Actually, if I see if someone is having a bad day, whether in game or in real life, I tend to do my best to cheer them up or at least just listen. So if you ever need someone to complain to and someone to listen, you can always PM me. I'm always available and if you need to reach me by other means outside of game, feel free to ask. 

Anyways, this is just my early morning post and I'm sure I will post again later today. Feel free to leave me comments, questions or concerns, and I promise I will get back to you as soon as possible! 

Until then, I hope your Tuesday is fantastic and filled with luck, happiness, and good fortune.


No comments:

Post a Comment